GSP Liveblog: Graphing Social Patterns
I’m liveblogging from O’Reilly’s Graphing Social Patterns, a social media conference. Try to contain yourselves, please.
5 Things that Win on Social Networks, from David McClure, 500 Hats: [Brackets show me talking, not speakers.]
1. Multiple Social Network Platforms. They are proliferating, as a big Venn diagram illustrates. [Note to self: For whom is this good?]
2. News Feeds let you stay in touch with multiple groups as networks proliferate
3. App-Vertising: Widgets, social apps are new methods that are not annoying to “reach” people. Said he, after misspeaking: “I probably shouldn’t say targeting” people. It’s “reaching people with information on products and services.”
4. Data Portability: Use social content on multiple platforms across web [No longer limited to single-platform interactions]
5. Social Commerce: It’s not happening yet, but “I’m predicting,” said he. The idea is that people will begin making purchases while doing their stuff on social networks. [We’ll see.]social networks comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.